Drawing windmills and a house

Windmills and a house is a rough sketch I made for an old project. I wanted to show a simple house with a windmill from a European countryside. For this sketch, I used multiple references, and the outcome was somewhat satisfactory. 

I started with drawing a rough sketch, and I developed it bit by bit. At first, it was just some lines. some made sense, and some didn't.


drawing a windmill
The rough sketch looked more or less like what I had in mind. Now, I needed to draw a line art layer on top of this one, refine some lines and add some more details.

environment study for a book

I wanted to add some texture to the line art, so I added some fine lines to mimic a wooden texture for the roof tiles. I then wanted to make the windmill standout, so I created a layer on top of this layer to add some patterns to it.


developing environment for a sketch
If you want to add more details to this one, go ahead and do so and if you could, please share a link of your version in the comments section below. Happy sketching!

Tools used: Wacom's Medium One, and Sketchbook Pro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to draw a chair in perspective?

Tips for budding artists: How to draw hands?

Three tips for budding artists